Through consultations, advocacy, and information sharing, we aim to connect society journal editors and publishers (and any libraries or consortia that support or fund them) with useful resources related to transitioning society publications to OA.
We aim to:
We will serve as a communication forum, clearinghouse, and advisory group in providing support for libraries, publishers, and scholarly societies working toward transitioning scholarly publishing from subscription-based to open access.
Incubate & pilot
We will engage in community discussions to assess opportunities for piloting new ventures and evaluating possible co-investment opportunities to support OA society journal publishing.
We will help connect willing partners with resources or consultative services that support libraries, publishers, and scholarly societies interested in transitioning to open access publishing.
We will advocate within research communities and professional organizations or societies for open access publishing by scholarly societies.
We will issue a fiscal year-end public summary of activities and projects completed or underway, with an included statement about future group directions.
What it looks like
How do we put these objectives into practice?
- We will cultivate our website to collect and offer useful tools and guidance for society journal editors and publishers, and the libraries or consortia who work with them.
- We will help connect those of you who contact us with localized groups, individuals, or offer consultative services to support you in your OA transition aims.
- We will evaluate opportunities to support or encourage new society journal OA publishing models or projects.
- We will advocate within professional societies through existing administrative positions or at society meetings, and will conduct outreach and presentations to promote OA outcomes.
- We will work to highlight successful initiatives/partnerships through publishing case-studies.
- We will keep the scholarly publishing community up-to-date on our efforts with a year-end summary of our goals and progress.